Saturday, April 30, 2016

Restyled Vanity

Restyled Vanity

I traded a friend a mirror I had redone for this piece.  The vanity needed a little help, but I knew it could be beautiful with a little paint and some hard work.  The large drawer needed to be fixed, so I had to put my husband to work.  After that it just needed a lot of sanding and some paint!  I used Mahogany colored stain for the table top and top four drawers, and Antique Black Chalk paint for the rest, and waxed it with a flat wax.  I recovered the seat that came with it, from material I had found at Goodwill, and lined the drawer to match.  Below are some before and after pictures.  By the way it was too cold to paint this outside (winter), so I ended up sanding as fast as I could outside, and then I moved this into my kitchen to paint, my husband wasn't to thrilled with this, but when I get an idea for a piece I just can't wait for the weather!   

Finished Vanity and Seat

Matching Seat Cushion and Drawer Lining
Bench


Vanity Before
Before 


No comments:

Post a Comment