Saturday, April 30, 2016

Up-cycled Shabby Chic Styled Coffee Table


Up-cycled, Shabby Chic Styled Coffee Table


This piece was built by my husband, David, due to an idea I had in my head, but I'm not the best with a saw.  We had gotten a bunch of wood, and cabinet doors from a barn that was going to be torn down, and I really wanted to build a table out of some of it.  I really liked the aged wood, that was grey and weathered looking, so we knew we wanted to use those pieces.  The cabinet doors I thought would make a great top, and we decided to also use one for the a shelf. I re-painted the two cabinet doors, distressed like crazy, and had my husband build a frame out of some of the aged wood for the table frame.  We trimmed it with wood that had a niece design to it and sealed the top to protect it.  This is extremely sturdy, I know because I have two little ones that think this is meant to be sat on!

Coffee Table






No comments:

Post a Comment